We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities and needs that require varying time commitments and skill levels. Volunteer opportunities are listed below and are divided into 4 categories: Leading, Connecting, Creating, & Administrating. You can download a Volunteer Application at the bottom of the page.
We are always excited to partner with others - to learn more about how to become a partner, please click here.
For more information on some of our annual volunteer projects, please click here.
- Serve as a Board member.
- Become an Ambassador for our Homeroom 101: Meet & Tour The House Next Door.
- Lead a workshop for the moms and/or kids living at The House Next Door.
- Share The House Next Door with your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or networks.
- Serve as a Mentor, working one-on-one with one of our moms.
- Tutor a mom or group of moms.
- Babysit while a mom has a final exam, doctor’s appointment, or is in a meeting.
- Transport a mom to and/or from a doctor’s appointment or emergency OR transport our diaper shipment from the warehouse to our office.
- Assist with our fundraisers.
- Use one of your Thrivent Financial Action Teams for a project at The House Next Door.
- Work with yard or House maintenance projects.
- Cut or sew stoles (or even shop!) with Threads of Grace, a nonprofit whose proceeds benefit local organizations, including The House Next Door.
- Assist in the office.
- Make follow-up phone calls.
- Sort, label, or organize diapers.
Download a Volunteer Application and our Volunteer Expectations below. You can email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop it off at our office.