Since first opening our doors in the summer of 2015, The House Next Door has served 8 families with 14 kids - 4 of whom were born while their Moms were living at The House Next Door!
The purpose of The House Next Door is to accompany and assist single mothers and their children as the mothers pursue appropriate educational degrees, in part, by providing rent-free housing. It is our goal to help young women become successful and self-sufficient, and thereby improve the quality of life for themselves, their children, and the community.
The House Next Door plans to continue accompanying each mother on her personal and educational journey. We continuously look for new partners and new strategies to help us best meet our families' needs.
We also hope to one day have an additional house designed for single Dads and their kids - so that Dads can remain united with their children AND have the ability to pursue their educational goals.
What We've Achieved
- We've housed and accompanied 8 mothers and 14 children since opening The House to its first residents in July 2015.
- 4 babies were born to mothers living at The House Next Door - to mothers who would not have otherwise had a shelter to welcome their infants home.
- We've celebrated with each mom as they have finished a semester, passed a class, passed sections of the GED, and as they have completed their GED or degree!
- We have partnered with Northwest Nazarene University for our first MSW intern, who started in October 2017.
- Brand new windows were installed in The House in January 2016 (replacing the original 1930s windows!) thanks to a generous grant from the Idaho Epsicopal Foundation and to Champion Windows.
- We participated in our first Idaho Gives Day in May 2017! Thank you to our first Idaho Gives Donors!
- We participated for the first time in Avenues for Hope in December 2017, raising $11,595 during the 2-week campaign! We were able to receive over $6,000 in matching funds!
We incorporated and became our own 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in March 2017!
Here's our EIN Number: 82-0870467